REPOST: Joanne & Keith {A Letter of Thanksgiving}

If you’re one of our Facebook fans, you probably saw my status about the special Thanksgiving Day post. It’s a few days late (don’t judge me) but here it is… Per my usual, I am switching things up a bit. In an effort to celebrate not only weddings, but also the beauty of marriage, I’ve asked a good friend of mine, Keith, to tell us why he’s thankful for his wife, Joanne. It’s our first full post from the male perspective. Let me know if you like it and I’ll try to do more of these. It’s always nice to hear a guy speak to a “cyber-room” full of women, don’t ya think? Enjoy!

A Letter of Thanksgiving
Joanne & Keith
September 29, 2006

I originally met my wife while we were both in college over 15 years ago. We have since fought 10,000 battles, (non of which I can claim victory), made up 10,000 times (guess I did win)  and discovered throughout that we were made for each other. My wife is without question my better half and I’m thankful for someone who truly completes me.  There is really no other way to describe it.  She is everything to me.

Christmas 2007

Before my kids, I was just grateful for the person my wife was to me.  Now I’m most grateful for the person she is to my family.  Either there is a shit load of tiny little elves running around doing all the things that just seem to effortlessly get done or she’s secretly a magician. I’m guessing the latter but until I catch her with the magic dust I have to just assume I married a very special lady.

Christmas 2009

I’m thankful for my wife as a lover, mother, wife, business woman, cook, tutor, teacher, confidant, organizer and for being the engine that makes my family run. But the thing I love most about my wife is the thing I can’t really explain…

Christmas 2010

• Whatever it is that makes me pay the extra fee to change flights just so I can get home a few hours early to lay next to her.
  • Or maybe it’s whatever makes me drive to another state to see her when she would be home the next day anyway.
  • Or maybe it’s whatever makes me wish my daughter turns out like her.

(L to R) Kameron, Kennedy & Keith, Jr.

Whatever that unidentifiable thing may be that makes me fall in love with her time and time again, I am grateful for it.

Joey,

You are the love of my life. I find you to be just as beautiful even more beautiful than the day we married 5 years ago. With each new year (and each new kid, lol) you have continued to amaze me with the way you love, nurture and protect not only our family but our love. Thank you for being my better half. I love you always and Happy Thanksgiving Baby!

P.S. – Can’t wait for dessert!

Keith

CREDITS: Wedding Photography – Platinum Photography; Christmas Pictures (2007 & 2009) – Benton Design Photography

Advertisements

15 Comments (+add yours?)

1. BWoodb
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 11:16:28

Tear, tear, tear. Oooohhhh, this is so soecial. Especially with the children, God’s gifts, being part of it all. Keith, I say, “Amen”, Your family is a JOY to have in my presence. I love you All. Emerald, this is a great and inspiring post for all marriages and families. I love Joann’s humor from wearing all those hats. Remain blessed. I SMILE!!!!

2. Emerald
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 11:20:25

lol at my mother. Glad you like it! I don’t think Joanne has seen it yet, so don’t go calling her.

3. joanne@princegeorgeslango.org
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 12:05:12

I’ve seen it. And cried. And laughed. And teared up. This is beautiful. Can I write a response? Lol.

• Emerald
      Nov 28, 2011 @ 12:11:00

lol I’m going to need everyone to stop crying. lol Sure you can write a response as long as you let me include the 2011 Christmas photos. :)

4. Anonymous
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 14:15:05

WOW…TEARS….TEARS & MORE TEARS. THIS SITE IS SIMPLY AMAZING & BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

5. joanne@princegeorgeslango.org
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 14:20:41

And photo credit for the Christmas 2010 photos goes to Vesta Ghavamzadeh. Thanks, Vesta!

6. Candace
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 14:39:09

Hot damn…You go Joanne! That was sooo beautiful! If I could only run into half the man, I’d be on a roll! Love the pics too!!! You have such a beautiful family! Happy Holidays!

7. Candace MF
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 15:48:05

This is beautiful. You two are such an awesome couple and your family photos are awesome. Amazingly blessed.

8. oneika j shelby
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 16:59:12

OMG.. I’m GONE.. this is truly what its all about!

9. dude
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 17:25:23

Keith that was a very well worded description of my baby sister! You are definitely making it hard for your brother-in-law! I think my wife wants me to put something like this together. lol Continue to take GREAT care of my little sister and the rest of the family. I love yall!
    Dude

10. Monica Washington
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 17:50:01

There is no woman like a BYARS woman! This is beautiful. So happy for you and Joey. Love you guys and your beautiful family. Be blessed.

11. Dominique Norris
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 18:02:34

This is absolutely beautiful and amazing! What an inspiration for other married couples. I too am grateful and blessed for my husband! Marriage is a true gift from God!!! God Bless u and your family forever and always!!!

12. Joni
    Nov 29, 2011 @ 06:31:58

That was absolutely beautiful -Joni Jones

13. Anonymous
    Nov 29, 2011 @ 09:02:00

Wow! as I sit here tears running down my face I say Thank You Jesus. Keith continue to love your wife as Christ loves his church. Joey continue to honor,submit and cherish your husband. Mommy loves you guys and will continue to pray for God to lead and guide your life.

Tell us what you're thinking...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s