Advertisements

Reader Feature: Donnica & Edward {Georgia}

Hi and welcome back (or welcome for the 1st time) to the blog! Every post at YesWeWed.com is a special post but today’s post is extra  special because it was submitted by one of our readers. Take a minute to browse through and enjoy Donnica & Edward’s very special wedding day.

***

Donnica & Edward are “brand new” newly-weds; the pair exchanged vows this past August 27 at the  Old Courthouse on the Square in Decatur, GA.

DONNICA – “We met in an Atlanta nightclub…Crazy, I KNOW!!! LOL!! But seriously…it was meant to be. He traveled a lot then and told me he would be available on either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday! *smh* We ended up going out that Thursday and have been together ever since!”

EDWARD – “I knew she was the one when she stood by my side throughout the adversity as well as the good times.” He proposed to Donnica after telling her that they had double-date dinner reservations with a friend Rob and his wife, Destiny. Donnica had never met the couple but rolled with it.

When they arrived at the restaurant, Edward told her that Rob couldn’t make it but “destiny” came…in the form of an engagement ring. He popped the question in the lounge area and when they went to take their seats, Donnica was surprised again by all her family and friends in the dining room with cameras flashing! So sweet! ♥

Did you notice Donnica’s unique bouquet? It’s called a composite bouquet and is created by gluing additional layers of petals to create one giant bloom.

^ And I love this sock shot! These guys are too cool for school!

“In the same club where we met, we danced to Before I Let Go by Frankie Beverly and Maze, but since it was a little too upbeat we chose John Legend’s So High for our first dance.”

Donnica – “I knew Edward was the one the moment I laid eyes on him…OKAY!!!!!!!! Not really! LOL!! It was actually after we split up for a while. I knew then…HE WAS THE ONE!” < She is too funny! lol

Edward – “When I first saw Donnica I thought she was very attractive. She had a passive aggressiveness about her that was very sexy.”

I looovveee these pictures of the couple and their guests having a good time! You can tell this was a true celebration because the dance floor is packed!

What dance do you think they’re doing? My guess is either the “Stanky Leg” or “The Wobble”. Lol Either way, looks like fun!

My mother says I say this about every bride, but I really do love Donnica’s smile!

Below are some additional wedding day tips from both Donnica & Edward as well as links to the couple’s blog and website. Check them out and thank them for sharing their day with us!

♥♥♥

Edward’s Advice to Brides– Plan as much as you can, then on your special day just go with the flow & realize there are going to be some things that aren’t going to happen according to plan. But at the end of the day – “big picture” you got married to hopefully the man of your dreams!

Edward’s Advice to GroomsDon’t be a bystander for one of the most important days of your life. When you think you’ve done enough ask your bride what else needs to be done & I promise you there’s a ton more to be done!

Donnica’s Advice to Brides–  SLOW DOWN…BREATHE…enjoy the moment! Someone told me this and I was like yeah yeah yeah…last real moment I remember??? THAT ONE!! SMH Everything else went by SOOO fast!!!

Donnica’s Advice to Grooms– Help where you can. It’s a stressful time, but your input and support is MUCH needed. More than any girlfriend, mother, or vendor…she wants YOUR input!

♥♥♥

Donnica’s blog – http://fightingbridezillas.blogspot.com/

Edward’s photography website – www.visualrenassiance.net

CREDITS: Venue – Old Courthouse on the Square

Advertisements

18 Comments (+add yours?)

1. donnica22
    Oct 06, 2011 @ 13:00:08

This was sooo nice! Thanks Emerald! :) OH and the guys were actually doing the SWAG SURF dance! lol

2. Phyllis
    Oct 06, 2011 @ 13:13:42

Such loveliness!!! Congrats to both Ed and Donnica!!!!

3. Tiffani (@trkdesigns)
    Oct 06, 2011 @ 13:32:17

You couldn’t have featured a more beautiful bride on her special day!Congrats again to Donnica & Ed!

4. Anonymous
    Oct 06, 2011 @ 13:55:11

Very nice! I am SOOOO HAPPY for the two of you. Congrats again and God Bless!

5. Anonymous
    Oct 06, 2011 @ 13:56:30

Very nice! Nica I am soooooooo happy for you two. Congrats again and may God continue to bless the both of you as one!

6. Anonymous
    Oct 06, 2011 @ 14:36:50

Wow! This looks absolutely beautiful and well planned! Congratulations….I know Val is SO PROUD!!!

7. Anonymous
    Oct 06, 2011 @ 19:41:35

That was a beautiful story and picture of your wedding. Everything was so beautiful. God’s Blessings for a wonderful marriage! You two really looked so good together. Hugs Jo

8. Sandi
    Oct 07, 2011 @ 10:25:01

This was really nice!! Congrats again Nica!!!

9. Anonymous
    Oct 07, 2011 @ 13:41:01

Big congrats to Ed and Donnica!! The wedding was beautiful and fun! Most men like myself don’t generally notice all the extras that go into a well planned wedding however, it was too noticeable to miss.Great planning! Beautiful pictures as well.

10. Anonymous
    Oct 10, 2011 @ 16:09:43

My classmate put this up on her Facebook. I really enjoyed looking at these beautiful pictures. God Bless your union! Keep God 1st. Blessings.

11. donnica22
    Oct 12, 2011 @ 11:03:34

Thank you everyone!!!! These comments are so very sweet!!!!

12. Anonymous
    Oct 17, 2011 @ 17:23:10

Thank you Edward and Donnica for inviting me, It was a great venue. Everything was exceptionally well done. You’ll out did yourselves. Remember the 3 L’s, Live, Laugh and Love. God Bless and Keep him first.
    Carlotta

13. Monique
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 11:08:12

I seriously LOVE this site – I really do just love it! What a beautiful wedding – Donnica and Edward look absolutely stunning and happy. Thank you for allowing us to look into your beautiful day!

• Emerald
      Oct 19, 2011 @ 11:13:19

Monique, thank you so much for the compliment! It helps me to know I’m making some folk’s day out there. :) Be sure to join the fan page and tell a friend about the site. Thanks again!!

14. Anonymous
    Mar 30, 2012 @ 22:53:44

Very beautiful wedding!!! I’m getting married May 2013. I have no idea where to start!!!! LOL. You gave me plenty of insights and ideas. I’m also thinking about The Old Courthouse as well. Tell me what you think????!!! You practically sold me!!! Lol

• donnica22
      Apr 02, 2012 @ 09:27:43

The courthouse is a BEAUTIFUL venue!! We loved everything about it. Definitely an open space and you are able to do whatever you want with it. Let me know if you need anything I’d be happy to help!! :o)

Tell us what you're thinking...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s